Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 7

Oh my god, longest week of my life. On day two, when I really realized how long 21 days was, I decided that I would at the least stick it out for 7 days, and then take it from there. So here it is, 7 days. Do I think I can last another 14? We'll see...

So you're probably thinking, okay, it's been 7 days and all you've eaten is awful powder drinks, horrible tasting vegetable juices, and gruel (i.e. soup made from vegetables that are boiled and then pureed with no-salt seasoning) - are you feeling hungry? Surprisingly no. If I'm feeling like I'm about to be hungry, I'll have an aforementioned horrible drink concoction. And then I feel full. But I've been drinking more juices from Whole Foods that have all the green veggies in it, but also contain bananas and apples. I'm not really supposed to but f it, an organic juice that contains fruit isn't going to kill me.

But craving food? Yes. I switch between wanting fried chicken and nachos. I close my eyes, and eat them in my head. Pathetic I know, but it does make me happier when I do it. And a Taco Bell Mexican Pizza. God, how I want one. (Even though I'm probably not going to partake of dairy and red meat when this is over.) However, people can now eat in front of me without me ogling them. I do adore the smell of good food, but I don't have an immediate inclination to grab their plate and start digging in.Tonight will be a big test as I'm going out to dinner with the BF and his parents. I'm bringing an Evolution Super Green Drink with me to suckle on while they chow down.

As far as how I'm feeling, I woke up super early with a lot of energy. My morning coffee is replaced with a shot of Goji Juice and a big glass of distilled water. Yes, I'm one of those people now. I also lost 11 pounds after 6 days of detoxing. Obviously, I retained a ton of water from all the sodium in those magical Lean Pockets that I'll no longer be eating.

14 more days to go...

1 comment:

Hair On The Brain said...

Sounds like you're doing well! It sounds hard and I am very impressed with your willpower. I know when I did the master cleanse thing, around day 7 or so I was sorta going craaaazy, but starting to feel the energy/detox. Anyway, good luck on the next two weeks. One day at a time. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some Pretty words for us!

xx

The LA Pretties